Previously we had talked about women's right and movements towards equality. I think this could be an interesting topic for our final project. We could look at issues of today and what seems to be an up and coming equal world and what differences and difficulties women still face as part of equality. An interesting media addition to our Living News Paper would be to add a song by a strong woman of our time, I believe someone else in our group had suggested that but I can't remember who. Those are just a few ideas!
I agree that this is a very good idea for our living newspaper topic. I agree that we should include a song to our presentation by a strong woman of our time but I also think that we should include a clip of a speech about the women's movement. I found some really great speeches by searching on Youtube.
ReplyDeleteAnd the snowball continues... i am all in to explore and gain understanding of this topic and movement. We're definitely going to have to hon in on the subject, it's relatively broad:
ReplyDelete-History of the Movement (20's voting rights, 60 and 70's on the "pill", "free-lovin'")
-Women's societal role
-Women in the work force
Also, there's the spreading of democracy and the rising awareness of gender inequality internationally. Maybe we can focus on a specific region and research the traditions of gender roles & inequality while also investigating what's being done to assist the situation via. education within or influence and assistance from the US or other countries...In summary i think we have plenty of potential focuses and collective interest to educate our selves and the class on this subject.
We definitely need to specify our topic to a particular error. I quite like the idea of the current women's struggle. We could also narrow it down even further by focusing on either economic issues such as disparity in pay among men and women or by focusing on more social issues such as rape culture and reproductive rights. I personally feel that the latter would serve to be more interesting and that it would be easier to create an emotional appeal concerning it.
ReplyDelete