I think that an interesting idea for the Living Newspaper
project would be Race and Citizenship such as racial segregation from the
1950’s until now. Not only could we explore the struggle it racial segregation
had in the community back then but, we could prove the presence it still has in
society, today. Besides the
obvious cultural events to take place in the 1950’s we could explore poetry and
different writings from that era. We could relate these different writings with
today’s society. One thing that we could explore to use in our project is the
different types of music and documentaries today that talk about their
hardships because of race and citizenship. Although poetry and lyrics are
basically the same thing, I feel as if that music lyrics can speak to the
audience much more than a poem can. . Luckily, there are plenty of songs that
explain how prominent racial segregation is in today’s world. We can incorporate these things into our
Living Newspaper project to prove that racial segregation does still exist
today. Since many people listen to this music, I think that our audience will
find it relevant to their lives. I also think that this would interest our
audience because it would get them thinking about this serious topic. Many
people think that the issue of race and citizenship was only important in the
1950’s era however, it still happens today. Although many other things cover up
racism today, emphasizing that it is not would be very beneficial to our audience.
No comments:
Post a Comment